Have you heard of the inside scoop on the link between your oral health and heart disease? Thanks to medical advancements today, studies now show there is a definitive connection between your oral health and the risk of heart disease. As a result, it is essential to take care of your smile and do what you can to keep your smile healthy and bright.
Our dentists care about your oral health and are happy to help you keep your smile healthy. Our team at Signature Smiles in Bastrop, Texas, is also excited to help you with your oral health care needs and has provided you some information on the inside scoop of the connection.
Here is the inside scoop on the link between oral health and heart disease:
– Endocarditis: When bacteria from your mouth travels into your bloodstream, a condition known as endocarditis can develop.
– Bacteria: Heart disease is connected to your oral health because bacteria from your mouth can damage your heart.
– Poor oral hygiene: Several oral hygiene risks can cause heart problems such as atherosclerosis and strokes.
– Oral health care: To help ensure your oral health does not lead to further risks with your heart, you can make sure that you brush and floss daily.
– Gingivitis: Gum disease, and an early stage of gum disease known as gingivitis, can increase your risk for heart disease.
If you know it’s time to visit our dentists for your six-month checkup, or if you have questions about your oral health, please feel free to call us today at 512-212-9803 to make an appointment with a professional member of our dental team. We are always eager to take your call.