Those who are missing one or more teeth may experience difficulty with chewing or speaking. A dental bridge in Bastrop, Texas, is a great way to restore the beauty and functionality of your smile. A dental bridge replaces a missing tooth or teeth with artificial teeth by bridging the gap caused by missing teeth. A dental bridge is made of a replacement tooth (or teeth) with a dental crown attached on either side. The dental crowns are attached to the teeth on either side of the gap.
Dental Bridge Benefits
A dental bridge placed by our dentists can do many things for the smile, including:
– Restore the functionality and beauty of a smile
– Allow the patient to eat and talk properly once again
– Maintain the face shape
– Properly distribute the bite
– Keep the natural teeth from shifting
Types of Bridges
– Traditional bridge – A crown for the tooth on either side of the gap with a replacement tooth in between. Traditional bridges are the most common type of bridge.
– Cantilever bridge – Used when there are only adjacent teeth on one side of the missing tooth or teeth. This type of bridge is not commonly used anymore.
– Maryland bonded bridge – Replacement teeth and gums supported by a framework made of metal or porcelain. Metal or porcelain wings on one or both side of the bridge are bonded to the existing teeth.
Dental Bridge Placement
When placing a dental bridge, our dentists will first remove some tooth enamel from the teeth on either side of the gap. This will allow room for the dental crowns, which anchor the bridge, to be placed over the teeth. Impressions will then be taken of your smile. These impressions will be used to create your individualized dental bridge. Once the bridge is complete, it will be cemented into place.
For more information and to schedule your next visit, we invite you to contact Signature Smiles at 512-212-9803 today.